This Week at Henry Ford Elementary
MONDAY, DEC 11
TUESDAY, DEC 12
- Flag Salute @ 8:10 am
- Kindergarten tour
WEDNESDAY, DEC 13
THURSDAY, DEC 14
- Minimum Day
- Kindergarten tour
FRIDAY, DEC 15
- Environmental Volunteers for First Grade
Important Upcoming Dates
- December 20: PTA Staff Breakfast (sign up to bring breakfast treats)
- December 25 – January 5: No classes
- January 9, 2018: Classes Resume
- PTA Staff Breakfast
- Become a Henry Ford Parent Ambassador
- Project Cornerstone (email@example.com)
VOLUNTEER FOR PTA STAFF BREAKFAST
Our next PTA Staff Breakfast will be on December 20th. Help us treat our hard-working staff before Winter Break! Please signup bring breakfast goodies and coffee. Signup here:
Become a Parent Ambassador
It’s RCSD School of Choice time of year again! Please help us spread the word that Henry Ford Elementary provides a quality K-5 experience where students and their parents join a community of friends. A steady pipeline of quality student families helps ensure optimal staffing for our school and keeps our community strong. There are a number of ways to help:
- Add your name to our directory. We distribute this online and in person through a number of channels so that interested parents can contact knowledgeable parents directly. https://goo.gl/forms/v9JmxWqWoxwO3ifh2
Connect with other Parents
All parents & caretakers are invited to join their classrooms’ group chats to stay in touch with others in their classroom through text, email, or the Remind app. You choose! It’s so handy for playdates, missed assignments, field trips, etc.
Text @fordinfo to the number 81010 or click remind.com/join/fordinfo and then message the PTA for further instructions.
November’s ABC book “Big” by Coleen Paratore encourages students to become BIG people. The author defines BIG as being bright, imaginative, healthy, helpful, and valuable members of society.
Goals of lesson:
- Encourage students to take small steps to achieve BIG outcomes at home, school and community.
- Internalize intrinsic rewards of doing things for the right reasons – Being an UPstander.
- Perform intentional acts of caring for others.
- Understand that everyone can be BIG in their own way.
To reinforce this lesson at home:
- Discuss ways your family contributes individually and together to make a difference in the world.
- Ask your child
- How can I be BIG in my family?
- What can we do to be BIG toward our planet?
- How can we be kind to each other in a BIG way?
- How can we be BIG in our community?
Parents can consider reading the book: The World Needs Your Kid: Raising Children Who Care and Contribute by Craig & Mark Kielburger. This book focuses on simple everyday actions that can have a lasting influence on a child’s life and the lives of those around us.
When you “catch” kids modeling positive behaviors…Notice, Name it, and Celebrate it!
DIRECT DONATION DRIVE
Our school relies on contributions from families like yours to pay for programs that enrich the learning experience for all Henry Ford Mustangs. For the 2017-18 academic year, a full student contribution is $200. While we prefer a full annual contribution, any amount is gratefully accepted. We also have a new monthly installments program at http://henryfordpta.org/donate/
Are you an Amazon customer? You could support us in this NO-COST fundraiser just by doing your normal shopping! Learn how to get set up to shop on smile.amazon.com here:
Stay up-to-date on school activities by subscribing to our PTA newsletter! Your engagement helps your student succeed. Go tohttp://henryfordpta.org/subscribe. You can also find the Subscribe box on the bottom (mobile) or top right (desktop) across our PTA website. Please be sure to forward to any parents who haven’t signed up yet either.
If you have any news you’d like to share with Henry Ford parents, please reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org