This Week at Henry Ford Elementary
MONDAY, DEC 4
- Hearing Van for K, 2, 5
TUESDAY, DEC 5
- Flag Salute @ 8:10 am
WEDNESDAY, DEC 6
- Fundraiser items delivered
THURSDAY, DEC 7
- Minimum Day
FRIDAY, DEC 8
- Hour of Code – 5th grade
Important Upcoming Dates
- December 20: PTA Staff Breakfast (sign up to bring breakfast treats)
- December 25 – January 5: No classes
- January 9, 2018: Classes Resume
- PTA Staff Breakfast
- Become a Henry Ford Parent Ambassador
- Project Cornerstone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
FALL FUNDRAISER delivery
VOLUNTEER FOR PTA STAFF BREAKFAST
Our next PTA Staff Breakfast will be on December 20th. Help us treat our hard-working staff before Winter Break! Please signup bring breakfast goodies and coffee. Signup here:
Become a Parent Ambassador
It’s RCSD School of Choice time of year again! Please help us spread the word that Henry Ford Elementary provides a quality K-5 experience where students and their parents join a community of friends. A steady pipeline of quality student families helps ensure optimal staffing for our school and keeps our community strong. There are a number of ways to help:
- Add your name to our directory. We distribute this online and in person through a number of channels so that interested parents can contact knowledgeable parents directly. https://goo.gl/forms/v9JmxWqWoxwO3ifh2
Connect with other Parents
All parents & caretakers are invited to join their classrooms’ group chats to stay in touch with others in their classroom through text, email, or the Remind app. You choose! It’s so handy for playdates, missed assignments, field trips, etc.
Text @fordinfo to the number 81010 or click remind.com/join/fordinfo and then message the PTA for further instructions.
This month’s ABC book “Giraffes Can’t Dance” by Giles Andreae tells the story of Gerald the giraffe who is able to dance to his own tune when he gets some encouraging words from an unlikely friend.
Goals of lesson:
- Students learn about personal power and practice using their positive personal power to benefit both themselves and others.
- Students learn that making other people feel good is a great way to fill their own buckets, too!
To reinforce this lesson at home:
- Create opportunities to encourage your child to try new things.
- Offer praise for their willingness to try and practice.
- Whenever they’re in a negative situation, help your child “switch the channel” to reframe their inner dialogue to create an “I can do it!” attitude.
- Remind your child: Don’t focus on the black dot. Focus on the white page.
- Involve children of all ages in family decision making.
Quick Tip: Teach your child practical skills such as how to change a tire, cook a couple of meals, or sew on a button. Well-prepared young people are more likely to feel a sense of personal power.
When you “catch” kids modeling positive behaviors…Notice, Name it, and Celebrate it!
DIRECT DONATION DRIVE
Our school relies on contributions from families like yours to pay for programs that enrich the learning experience for all Henry Ford Mustangs. For the 2017-18 academic year, a full student contribution is $200. While we prefer a full annual contribution, any amount is gratefully accepted. We also have a new monthly installments program at http://henryfordpta.org/donate/
Are you an Amazon customer? You could support us in this NO-COST fundraiser just by doing your normal shopping! Learn how to get set up to shop on smile.amazon.com here:
Stay up-to-date on school activities by subscribing to our PTA newsletter! Your engagement helps your student succeed. Go tohttp://henryfordpta.org/subscribe. You can also find the Subscribe box on the bottom (mobile) or top right (desktop) across our PTA website. Please be sure to forward to any parents who haven’t signed up yet either.
If you have any news you’d like to share with Henry Ford parents, please reach out to our team at email@example.com