This Week at Henry Ford Elementary
MONDAY, apr 16
- Kindergarten to Elkus Ranch
TUESDAY, apr 17
- Flag Salute @ 8:10 am
- PTA Meeting in the Staff room @ 7 PM
WEDNESDAY, apr 18
THURSDAY, apr 19
- Minimum Day
FRIDAY, apr 20
- Deadline to order yearbooks and complete personal pages is April 21.
- Mustang Pride – wear your shirts!
Important Upcoming Dates
- April 21: Deadline to order yearbooks
- April 21: Deadline to complete personal pages in yearbook
- May 18: Pasta Dinner, Basket Drawing, Silent Auction, Carnival and more!
- Thursday snacks for teachers
- Become a Henry Ford Parent Ambassador
- Project Cornerstone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
YEARBOOK ORDERS AND PERSONAL PAGES DUE
The deadline to order yearbooks is April 21st. The deadline to complete personal pages is also April 21st, so please try to complete these in the next week. More information will be coming home in the Thursday folders
HENRY FORD PTA NEEDS YOU!
Henry Ford PTA Needs parent volunteers for the 2018-19 school year. In addition to organizing fun family events, the efforts of the PTA also helps fund many programs at Henry Ford such as PE, field trips, art and even part of a reading teacher’s salary. Without parent volunteers to help bring families together and do this important work, our events cannot happen. We have many open positions for next year that we hope you, or you and friend (co-chairs are encouraged!), will consider filling. Below is a brief description of each position. Remember that if parents don’t volunteer to chair these events next year, the events won’t happen.
President (Board Position): Attend monthly PTA Meetings. Oversee all PTA programs and events throughout the year (although major events and programs have a chairperson). Create agenda and lead monthly PTA Meetings. Communicate with principal, parents, and teachers as needed.
Vice President (Board Position): Attend monthly PTA Meetings. Aid the President in the duties above.
- Fall Fundraiser Coordinator: Oversee the fall fundraiser (this year cookie dough, popcorn, chocolate sale). We work with a company that does most of the work. Your duties include coordination with the company, checking orders forms, and delivery of merchandise.
- Direct Donation Chair: Copy and send out flyers then track money and distribute receipts. This job is basically over after September/October.
Event Chairs: Each of these positions have an online folder with information about the event that will be provided. The chair can follow them or put their own spin on it.
- Family Dance Chair: Oversee the family dance in February. This person can choose the theme and decorations. The actual details involve hiring a DJ, putting out flyers, and getting a small team of volunteers to help decorate and set up the afternoon of the dance.
- Pasta Dinner Carnival Chair: This is very similar to the Fall Fiesta Chair. This person is not responsible for running any part of the online auction, raffle, baskets or food. This person organizes the carnival, ticket sales, bounce houses, etc.
- Pasta Dinner Auction Chair: This person oversees the online auction, raffle and baskets. You work with a committee who helps you in getting the donations.
Signups for these positions begin at the next PTA meeting on Tuesday, April 17that 7pm in the Staff Room. Please join us whether you want to take on a role or just offer to support someone else who does. If you have any questions or you can’t make the meeting, please email PTA President Colleen Lewcock to discuss.
Thursday Snacks for Teachers
“A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected.” – Amy Rees Anderson. Don’t forget to signup to bring a little snack to get our teachers through their weekly staff meeting! Our teachers appreciate this so much! Please click on link to see snack ideas and dates needed!
Connect with other Parents
All parents & caretakers are invited to join their classrooms’ group chats to stay in touch with others in their classroom through text, email, or the Remind app. You choose! It’s so handy for playdates, missed assignments, field trips, etc.
Text @fordinfo to the number 81010 or click remind.com/join/fordinfo and then message the PTA for further instructions.
DIRECT DONATION DRIVE
Our school relies on contributions from families like yours to pay for programs that enrich the learning experience for all Henry Ford Mustangs. For the 2017-18 academic year, a full student contribution is $200. While we prefer a full annual contribution, any amount is gratefully accepted. We also have a new monthly installments program at http://henryfordpta.org/donate/
Are you an Amazon customer? You could support us in this NO-COST fundraiser just by doing your normal shopping! Learn how to get set up to shop on smile.amazon.com here:
Stay up-to-date on school activities by subscribing to our PTA newsletter! Your engagement helps your student succeed. Go tohttp://henryfordpta.org/subscribe. You can also find the Subscribe box on the bottom (mobile) or top right (desktop) across our PTA website. Please be sure to forward to any parents who haven’t signed up yet either.
If you have any news you’d like to share with Henry Ford parents, please reach out to our team at email@example.com