This Week at Henry Ford Elementary
MONDAY, Jan 15
- School Holiday – No classes
TUESDAY, Jan 16
- Flag Salute @ 8:10 am
- PE+ classes resume
- Legos class begins in Room 12, 2:30 for 1st – 3rd
- PTA Meeting a 7 PM
WEDNESDAY, Jan 17
THURSDAY, Jan 18
- Minimum Day
FRIDAY, Jan 19
- Mustang Pride – wear your shirts!
- Kindergarten Legos class begins in Room 1 at 1:40
Important Upcoming Dates
- Friday, February 9: SAVE THE DATE for Family Dance – Details to follow
- Thursday Afternoon Appreciation Snack for teachers
- Become a Henry Ford Parent Ambassador
- Host New Family Meet & Greet event
- Project Cornerstone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
THURSDAY AFTERNOON APPRECIATION SNACK VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
This was a big hit last Fall so we are keeping it going! We would like to show our fine teachers some love each Thursday during their 3pm weekly meetings. Please bring a light and simple snack for approx. 20 people. One signup/snack per week. Label “PTA Teacher Meeting Snack” and drop off in staff room on table or in fridge anytime Thursday before 3pm. Paper plates, utensils etc are optional – PTA will provide if you cannot. Ideas: cheese and crackers; chips and salsa/guacamole/dip; salads; fruit tray; veggie tray; pastries/baked goods; popcorn; yogurt and granola; nuts/trail mix. If you need ideas, ask your teacher!
Sign up here.
Ambassador families are invited to join us for a new family meet & greet at Ingenium on Saturday Jan 27, 9:00-11:00 am. We especially would like K & 1st grade students to play with the incoming kinders and parents who are happy to wear their Spiritwear and answer questions about the Henry Ford experience.
- Add your name to our directory. We distribute this online and in person through a number of channels so that interested parents can contact knowledgeable parents directly. https://goo.gl/forms/v9JmxWqWoxwO3ifh2
- RSVP for the event (space is limited) http://evite.me/TJCh1GhUyN
- Sign up to bring refreshments http://henryfordpta.org/volunteer/?sheet_id=19
Connect with other Parents
All parents & caretakers are invited to join their classrooms’ group chats to stay in touch with others in their classroom through text, email, or the Remind app. You choose! It’s so handy for playdates, missed assignments, field trips, etc.
Text @fordinfo to the number 81010 or click remind.com/join/fordinfo and then message the PTA for further instructions.
DIRECT DONATION DRIVE
Our school relies on contributions from families like yours to pay for programs that enrich the learning experience for all Henry Ford Mustangs. For the 2017-18 academic year, a full student contribution is $200. While we prefer a full annual contribution, any amount is gratefully accepted. We also have a new monthly installments program at http://henryfordpta.org/donate/
Are you an Amazon customer? You could support us in this NO-COST fundraiser just by doing your normal shopping! Learn how to get set up to shop on smile.amazon.com here:
Stay up-to-date on school activities by subscribing to our PTA newsletter! Your engagement helps your student succeed. Go tohttp://henryfordpta.org/subscribe. You can also find the Subscribe box on the bottom (mobile) or top right (desktop) across our PTA website. Please be sure to forward to any parents who haven’t signed up yet either.
If you have any news you’d like to share with Henry Ford parents, please reach out to our team at email@example.com