This Week at Henry Ford Elementary
June Life Skill – SELF-CONFIDENCE – A feeling or belief in your own power and ability
Monday, June 5
- 1st grade field trip to Maddux Park
Tuesday, June 6
- Kindergarten field trip to Maddux Park
- Minimum Day
Wednesday, june 7
- 2nd grade field trip to Maddux Park
- 5th grade field trip to Roller Rink
- Minimum Day
Thursday, June 8
- Minimum Day
Friday, June 9
- Minimum Day
- 5th grade promotion, 11 AM
- Last Day of School
Important Upcoming Dates
- June 17: Kindergarten Playdate
- Aug 12: Kindergarten Playdate
- Aug 17: Maze Day
- Aug 21: First Day of School
Mark your calendars for our Kindergarten Playdates this summer! Incoming Kindergartners can get a headstart on new friends, and families can get to know each other before the school year. Please sign up to help!
Raincheck: Dine Out at Pizza My Heart
Due to staffing issues, the Henry Ford Dine Out fundraiser at Pizza My Heart has been postponed. Hope you enjoyed all the food & fun this year thanks to all the organizing by Jen Cambouris. Be on the lookout for many more events this fall.
Thank you to the parents & teachers who were able to join RCSD Operations Director Don Dias for an update meeting. He confirmed:
- Dumpsters – Temporarily moved because position on the sidewalk is unsafe & unsanitary; A new location will be found and enclosure built this summer. Dumpsters will most likely return to the same area but reoriented on a longer driveway which means the donation bin would be removed and fruit trees replanted.
- Lunch Areas – New architect will deliver conceptual designs for sun shades to cover the outdoor lunch tables. Once Principal Griffiths, the school site council, and RCSD board approve then technical plans will be developed for state approval. This is expected to take ~6 months, after which we can quickly expect installation.
- Construction – Henry Ford is budgeted $2.3M for a reoriented office, safety fencing, security alarms & locks, classroom technology, security cameras, new paint & carpet, and outdoor fridge/freezer some time between 2018-2023.
- Measure T Communication – If you’d like more information on project timelines or how $193 of bond money is being spent at each school site, check the updated Measure T website (available by end of June) or attend this fall’s site council or neighborhood meetings.
Do you know any local businesses who would like to invest in our students and demonstrate a commitment to quality education & community engagement? We are introducing a sponsorship program for the 2017-18 school year, so please share this opportunity with interested parties. Reach out in person, by phone, or email and give out this link http://henryfordpta.org/sponsor
Sponsors will be recognized for their contribution on our website.
Do you shop or sell on eBay?
You can support Henry Ford PTA on eBay. Add us as your favorite charity on eBay to see us as your preferred charity in eBay checkout. You will also be able to easily donate a portion of your proceeds to us when you sell on eBay AND get some of your seller fees waived and receive the tax credits. The eBay for Charity platform makes it all happen! Visit our charity page today and be part of a growing eBay community that has donated hundreds of millions of dollars to thousands of charities.
Start preparing your students for summer reading & learning! Be on the look out for suggested reading lists from Henry Ford Elementary teachers.
Our Redwood City libraries always run an amazing summer challenge with reading prizes and weekly drawings for museum passes.
Barnes & Noble has a summer program for kids to earn a free book. Print a journal for each student, read & write about 8 books, then turn in to a local store (closest one is at Sequoia Station) to choose a free book.
Are you an Amazon customer? You could support us in this NO-COST fundraiser just by doing your normal shopping! Learn how to get set up to shop on smile.amazon.com here:
Stay in Touch with PTA & other Parents
Receive notifications through text, email, or the Remind App. You choose! You can also message other parents in your class. Just text the PTA for instructions after you join.
Text @fordinfo to the number 81010 or click remind.com/join/fordinfo
Remind is used in more than 70% of U.S. public schools. Learn more https://www.remind.com/how-it-works/parents
Be sure to subscribe to our PTA newsletter so you can stay up-to-date on school activities! Your engagement helps your student succeed. Go to http://henryfordpta.org/subscribe. You can also find the Subscribe box on the bottom (mobile) or top right (desktop) across our PTA website.
If you have any news you’d like to share with Henry Ford parents, please reach out to our team at email@example.com