CORRECTION: PASTA DINNER IS NEXT FRIDAY, MAY 18!
This is a correction to last night’s email – the text below the picture should have read “Pasta dinner is next Friday” not this Friday. Sorry for the confusion, everyone.
This is a reminder that Henry Ford’s Annual Pasta Dinner, Carnival and Basket Event is a week away. Catalogs were sent home in today’s Thursday folder so be sure to check out all of the amazing baskets being raffled off next Friday, May 18th. While you’re browsing, check out the great online auction offerings as well. Remember, you don’t need to be present to win.
The online auction closes at 8pm Friday, May 18th, and bidding officially opened today!
Get ready in 3 easy steps:
- Buy tickets – May 16th is the last day to buy discounted presale tickets. Click here for details.
- Volunteer – Make this a great event for your kids. Volunteer here.
- Bid in the auction – B ! Winners need not be present to win. Winners do not even need to be Henry Ford families, so share the link with friends and family so everyone can get in on the fun. bit.ly
This Week at Henry Ford Elementary
MONDAY, May 7
- Lockdown Drill, 9:30 AM
- Library open for Story Time/book return only
TUESDAY, MAY 8
- 3 and 5 begin SBAC
WEDNESDAY, MAY 9
- Bike or walk to school day
- PTA breakfast for teachers/staff
THURSDAY, MAY 10
- PTA afternoon tea
- Minimum Day
FRIDAY, MAY 11
- Mustang Pride – wear your shirts!
Important Upcoming Dates
- May 7 – 11: Teacher Appreciation Week
- May 15: Library closes for the year.
- May 18: Pasta Dinner, Basket Drawing, Silent Auction, Carnival and more!
- May 22: PTA Meeting, 7 PM
- May 24: Open House, 6 – 7:30
- May 28: Memorial Day – no classes
- Teacher Appreciation Breakfast
- Pasta Dinner Carnival
- Become a Henry Ford Parent Ambassador
- Project Cornerstone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Henry Ford PTA’s 24th Annual Pasta Dinner, Basket Drawing, Online Auction, and Carnival, including a special appearance by the Stanford Band is only a few weeks away on Friday, May 18th. Dinner and carnival run from 5 pm – 8 pm. Pasta dinner by Vin Santo Ristorante.
Purchase tickets by Wednesday May 16th for a discount.
- To purchase tickets with cash or check payable to Henry Ford PTA, fill out the bottom portion of the green flyer that came home in the Thursday folder, attach payment, and turn in to the office or your child’s teacher.
- To purchase tickets using credit card or PayPal click here.
Dinner tickets and carnival wristbands (which include unlimited game play) will be held at WILL CALL at the event. They will not be sent home. Dinner includes pasta with choice of meat sauce or marinara, salad, bread, drink, and dessert served by our incomparable teachers and enthusiastic 5th grade waiters. Bring your family and friends to this evening of food and fun!
Pre-Sale $10 Adult, $8 Child At the Door; $12 Adult, $10 Child
Pre-Sale: $20 At the Door: $25
The pasta dinner, carnival, and auction are the school’s largest fundraiser of the year. The money raised fund technology, P.E., Art in Action, Project Cornerstone, music, field trips, classroom supplies, and so much more. In order to make this all-volunteer event a success, we are asking families to help in various ways including se-up, clean-up, and running games. Click here to volunteer.
Don’t forget to sign up to help!
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!
May 7 – 11 is Teacher Appreciation Week and the PTA is having a Staff Breakfast on May 9th. This will be our last one for the year!
Please bring breakfast goodies, juice and coffee for Henry Ford teachers and staff! (Totaling approximately 60 hard working folks.)
Email Rebecca Foutch if you need to make arrangements to bring something the day before.
Sign up here. Spread the word and thanks for all the support!
Connect with other Parents
All parents & caretakers are invited to join their classrooms’ group chats to stay in touch with others in their classroom through text, email, or the Remind app. You choose! It’s so handy for playdates, missed assignments, field trips, etc.
Text @fordinfo to the number 81010 or click remind.com/join/fordinfo and then message the PTA for further instructions.
DIRECT DONATION DRIVE
Our school relies on contributions from families like yours to pay for programs that enrich the learning experience for all Henry Ford Mustangs. For the 2017-18 academic year, a full student contribution is $200. While we prefer a full annual contribution, any amount is gratefully accepted. We also have a new monthly installments program at http://henryfordpta.org/donate/
Are you an Amazon customer? You could support us in this NO-COST fundraiser just by doing your normal shopping! Learn how to get set up to shop on smile.amazon.com here:
Stay up-to-date on school activities by subscribing to our PTA newsletter! Your engagement helps your student succeed. Go tohttp://henryfordpta.org/subscribe. You can also find the Subscribe box on the bottom (mobile) or top right (desktop) across our PTA website. Please be sure to forward to any parents who haven’t signed up yet either.
If you have any news you’d like to share with Henry Ford parents, please reach out to our team at email@example.com